The Payroll Specialist in the Tax Department is part of the Tax Services Department. The primary responsibility is to provide client support for tax maintenance that may include processing complex payroll corrections, amending tax returns and working with tax agencies and clients.
Major Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Conduct research, analyze and provide resolution to payroll related tax notices and inquiries
- Analyze payroll and tax data resulting in the preparation and filing of amended tax returns
- Provide excellence in client service to internal and external clients including working directly with tax agencies
- Review and input tax rates and/or deposit frequency changes as part of client compliance efforts
- Identify and resolve discrepancies during payroll data extracts
Qualifications/ Education Requirements:
- Associate or Bachelor s Degree preferred
- Previous payroll tax experience preferred, with working knowledge of payroll, wage and tax laws and regulations
- Service bureau or multi-state tax experience preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
Additional Success Factors
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills required
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented, with ability to focus on and comprehend numerical and financial data
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet schedules; at times with unexpected deadlines
- Ability to multi task; interacting with clients and all internal customers or associates, at times simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Working knowledge of basic office technology
- Proficient in Windows PC environment with accurate data entry/keyboarding skills
Travel Required: 0%
Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. Some light lifting may be required. This position would require the ability to lift files, bend and stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: Full Time
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
Associated topics: benefit, benefit analyst, benefit consultant, benefit specialist, compensation, compensation specialist, global compensation, payroll consultant, pension, salary