- LHC Group
- $93,520.00 -127,090.00/year*
Healthcare - Allied Health
191 Old Foxon Rd
Overview Physical Therapist - PRN Patient Care, a LHC Group partner is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people. Additional Details
* Evaluates the patient's functional status and physical therapy needs. Assists the physician in the development of the therapyplan of care.
* Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of physical therapy, inaccordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
* Observes and reports the patient's response to treatment and any changes in his/her condition to the supervising nurse and/orthe physician.
* Treats patients to relieve pain, develop and restore function, and / or maintain maximum functioning using acceptablestandards of practice.
* Instructs and informs participating members of the health care team, the patient, and the family/caregivers regarding the planof care, functional limitations, and progress toward goals.
* Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHCpolicy.
* Completes all patient evaluations and develops the PT plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes ofevaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
* Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
* May supervise home health aides in lieu of a RN if physical therapy is the only skilled service being provided and if allowed perstate regulation.
* Provides supervision of the PTA as per LHC policy.
* Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days.
* Provides in-service education as requested by agency leadership.
* Adheres to LHC Therapy Standards of Practice in provision of services to all patients.
* All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Licensure Requirements
* Current Physical Therapy licensure in state of practice.
* Current CPR certification required.
* Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle.
Additional State Requirements
* AK, AL, AZ, AR, CA, CO,CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC,TN, TX, VA, WA, WV, WI: No additional state specific requirements.
Associated topics: activity therapist, inpatient, lactation consultant, movement disorder, movement therapist, outpatient, rehab, therapist, therapist assistant, therapist physical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...